Saturday, May 5, 2012

People these days

I'm finding that as I get older, I push myself to step out of my comfort zone if it's for a good reason/thing.

And yesterday at an assembly, this girl was being just plain ugly about everyone. One girl had a very thick accent with a high pitched voice, another girl had a lisp, a student who we should've been proud of because of what he accomplished was called "just as fat as his mom."

After I hear, once again, the girl behind me go, "Ugh I hate people with lisps"('Cause I'm totally sure they love their lisps!!) I turn around and go, "Why are you being so mean to them?" She didn't look at me (although her friend saw). Again. No response.
So I poke her, thinking maybe she couldn't hear. Instead of answering my question she just looks at me and says, "Don't touch me. I don't know you!" with this disgusted look on her face(really does wonders on how you automatically judge someone's appearance with personality). I said something about how rude her comments were and the people up there were trying there best, then turned back around.
According to my friends, I turned around but was meanwhile being called some choice words and threatened to get slapped. Oh. Well, if slapping someone and getting a lonesome suspension makes you think about how you talk, then so be it. I won't hit you back.

Just please remember, don't embarrass your parents by how you talk, nor make fun of people with stuff they can't really help. There's a different boundaries with friends than someone you don't know and don't like because of how they talk.

Off to go give a speech! Bye y'all ~

No comments:

Post a Comment